Optimum performance of sophisticated electronic equipment is highly dependent on the stability of the mains voltage. The continuously fluctuating mains supply, transients, spikes & surges produce harmful effects.
‘ABP’ Constant voltage transformer gives effective solutions to all these problems.
Constant voltage transformers are based on Ferro-Resonance Principle & it consists of two basic components i.e. Ferro-Resonant transformer and capacitor.
‘ABP constant voltage transformers’ are ideally suitable for computers & like systems. Data processing equipment, Bio – Medical equipment, Telecommunication equipment. Telex, EPABX, Electronic Typewriter, Fax Machines and any other sophisticated electronic equipment which requires a precise mains supply.
- High reliability as no semiconductors/moving parts used.
- Provide relatively sine wave output irrespective of quality of input wave shape.
- High insulation values.
- Instantaneous voltage regulation.
- Output highly isolated from mains for suppression of transients & spikes.
- Short-term over LOAD capacity.
- Intrinsic current limiting & short circuit protection.
- Higher input voltage control range for LOADS less than rated load.
|Input Voltage||180-260, at rated load|
|Response Time||30 milliseconds|
|Efficiency||90% (app) under full load condition|
|Output wave form||Sinusoidal|
|Wave form distortion||less than 4% under full load condition.|
|Load Power Factor||0.75% lag to 0.9% lead|
|Ambient Temp.||-5 to 50 c|
|Effect of line frequency||1.5% (app) change in output voltage for every in line frequency|
- Place the CVT away from equipment and all magnetic display and storage devices like diskettes, monitors, tapes etc.
- It is safer to connect CVT to mains supply through a 3 Pin socket ensuring thereby the availability of proper ‘Earth’ connection.
- Switch ON the CVT first then the attached peripherals and while switching OFF, switch OFF attached peripherals first and then the CVT.
- In case of supply from a generator, check frequency, CVT is not be used if frequency variation is beyond 50 +/-1Hz.
- Switch OFF the CVT when not in use.
- Not to be used for high inductive LOADS like motors.